Democracy Matters is run by volunteers.
Just a few hours a week can make a difference. Look at our projects below to see which you’d like to work on – or suggest your own project. We are raising funds to pay volunteer expenses, but these are currently unpaid.
As a core team member you will:
- Get experience and contacts in education, politics and the third sector
- Develop practical skills and knowledge on campaigning and event organising
- Get training and develop practical skills and knowledge on communications, marketing, Conent Management Systems (maintaining websites), email marketing (newsletter) etc.
- Learn how the system works and how to influence it
- Help to build a movement and make a difference to people’s lives
Support our member organisations to support practical political education or with the core team running the Democracy Matters network.
Our priorities are projects which
- Promote opportunities for people to learn how to have an effective voice
- Support and involve our members
- increase opportunities for practical political education
We encourage education providers, local authorities and voluntary organisations to run more activities which enable people to have an effective voice and take part in democratic decision-making.
Democracy Matters Projects
Our Projects page shows what we are doing or want to do: please see which you would like to be involved with.
More details will be presented at the next volunteer briefing on TBC